Baptist is the only facility in the Mid-South that is accredited in cardiac imaging and one of two accredited for breast imaging by the American College of Radiology (ACR). Residents read a high volume of cases from a large network of scanners including:
- 14 MRI scanners with two 3 Tesla magnets and three new wide bore MRIs.
- Sentinelle breast table capable of performing diagnostic breast and breast biopsy with a 3Tesla magnet strength
- Other 3Tesla magnet studies, include:
- Cardiac morphology
- BOLD (blood oxygenated level dependent) brain scans
- DTI studies
- Perfusion studies
- Spring 2013: Plan to install a 70CM bore, wide open MRI with a 550 pound weight capacity
Interventional Radiology (IR)
- Updated IR suite with the I-guide needle tracker with 3D rotational reconstruction that allows a reconstruction from fluoro to perform axial guidance for needle placement.
- Veran Navigational System (electromagnetic-based 4D navigation system) incorporates a unique respiration tracking system. Processes CT scan data during IR cases; creates a complete volumetric 3D data set that automatically syncs to the patient in either 3D or 4D, allowing the radiologist to accurately access difficult lesions.
Residents read a high volume of cases from a large network of scanners including:
- 17 CT scanners including eight 64 and above detector scanners.
- Two new GE HD750 CT Scanners with dual energy capability—Baptist Memphis and Baptist DeSoto are the first hospitals in the Mid-South to have this innovative technology.
- Primary Stroke Center accredited by Joint Commission. The CT department plays an important role with the stroke patients providing initial CT Head procedure and advanced imaging with CT Brain Perfusion study.
- Two PET/CT scanners with leading-edge gamma cameras
- SPECT CT
- Recently acquired a new nuclear medicine camera, GE Discovery 630. Used for cardiac perfusion spect imaging.
- Ultra spect software, enables our cameras to acquire cardiac spect images in half the time previously required.